Monday, March 2, 2009

In Class Writing

The most interesting thing I found while researching for my bibliography was an article I came across in current news. The article was a follow up on a previous editorial that recieved alot of feedback. The article was about safety in schools and the various forms of disciplines that administrators use. Many parents and local NYPD officials responded to the article because they were not pleased with the current handling of safety in schools. I found the editorial very interestnig because it showed many different sides to the issue of school safety. It showed teachers fearing violent students and therefore leaving an unstable atmosphere in the classroom. Much of school safety issues have to deal with violence among students such as the worry of students carrying guns, or threats. This article showed the view of teachers not knowing how to discipline students they fear because of potential law suits.

No comments:

Post a Comment