Monday, February 16, 2009

In class writing post secret

When writing my post secret card I had trouble coming up with something to write. I wasn't sure what kind of secret to share and how to analyze it. I ended up using the fact that I am scared of my dog dying. I didn't have any materials around to put pictures, or use alot of color on the card so I just used a pink highlighter to communicate to the reader that it was written by a girl. Since I didn't have any materials around I tried to at least make my writing a little more decorative to show who was writing it. However, thinking about it, the emptiness of the card can symbolize the emptiness that would be felt if my dog did die. The secret itself could have been written by anyone, old or young, boy or girl so I wanted to at least narrow down it down to gender. If I had more resources I could have used pictures to convey the secret and put more creative energy into analyzing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment