Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Short Writing Assignment 1

One of the most enjoyable writing experiences I have encountered was in my Sophmore year of High School. I was asked to choose something about my school that I did not necessarily agree with and write an agrument to my principle on why it should change. I attented an all girls Catholic High School in which all three hundred and fifty girls wore the same uniform. I hated everything about the uniform and what it stood for so I chose to write a speech convincing the administration to change that. This was my best writing experience because it allowed me to write freely and passionately. The stronger you feel about the subject matter, the easier it is to write about and give the readers a more fulfilling experience. The writing process flows more naturally when your writing about something you believe in. It is easier to find a broader sense of topics and claims. Of course, not all writing experiences are pleasant for the writer. My worst writing experience was last semester for my Sociology class. The assignment was to write a paper on the progression of economics in industrial societies. Just by reading the topic I was bored and uninterested. I find it extremely difficult to write about things I do not find interesting. Writing this paper involved researching statistics and facts about the subject. It allowed for very little creativity, and in my opinion creativity it the most appealing aspect of writing. My worst writing experience had little affect on me, I dont feel I gained anything from it. However, my favorite writing experience has always had some type of influence on the papers I have written since. It allowed me to exercise my own personal writing style which continues you to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment